Years ago, you could leave your doors unlocked and windows opened during the summer without worrying about any uninvited guests visiting your home. But in today’s society, it has become a necessity to use home alarm systems for home protection. Should you ever leave your door or windows open, all of a sudden your home might become a burglar’s victim. Let’s look at some of the reasons (aside from the obvious ones) why is it important to have a security system for your home.
Reason #1: home security systems provide peace of mind
Since we all live in a consumer-driven society, it is important to protect our belongings. While having your own security system watching over your home 24/7, it will be able to contact the authorities in case an intruder breaks in your home whether you are present or away. It doesn’t really matter where you live, the downtown area of a city or suburbs, a crime could happen anywhere and anytime. Just by knowing that you have an alarm system safeguarding your home security will provide you and your family with peace of mind.
Reason #2: home security systems provide safety
Your home is your fortress, and you should never worry about the safety of your family in your own home. Besides being able to spot intruders, most home alarm systems may be paired along with smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to provide additional safety. Most home security systems feature a keypad that lets you contact the police, fire station and even poison control with just one push of a button. And there is a great variety of additional features that may be included into further enhancing your home security.
Reason #3: home security system may lower your homeowner’s insurance
There are many insurance companies that would provide you with a discount for your homeowner’s insurance if you install a home security system. In the long run, savings received through a discount may outweigh costs associated with purchasing of your home security system.
Additional Reasons for Safeguarding Your Home Security with an Alarm System
- It may stop a burglar from breaking in and cause him to run away
Whenever someone tries to enter a home with an alarm system being present (how foolish), if it goes off, they would panic and try to run away as fast as they can.
- Your home is less likely to be broken into – it is a fact
- By having a home security system you are safeguarding your home security in 4 different layers:
- By having a lawn sign you are keeping a “casual” burglar away.
- By having window and door decals from a security company you will make them think twice.
- If they do manage to open the door or a window, triggered motion detectors will set-off the interior alarm that would scare them off (and your neighbors will be aware of it too).
- When the alarm is set off, professional security staff will be immediately notified and help will arrive within minutes.
- More and more break-ins are happening when you are at home. This so-called “home invasion” is happening more often these days, and by having an alarm you will not be caught off-guard.
- Dogs are no longer a protection of your home as you might think they are
If a burglar wants to get inside your home, even the scariest dogs won’t stop him. For example, a .22 caliber handgun or a dog repellent spray may easily take care of this “pet” problem.